Our thoughts go out to those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
On-site clean up and assistance
- Friday, November 9 – Come get your hands dirty! ASTEP will lead a team on Staten Island for a full day of assisting clean-up efforts. Please come prepared to do physical labor. Requested donations include: bleach, garbage bags, work gloves, shovels, toilet paper, face masks, mops, brooms, buckets, pain relievers (Advil, Tylenol), and sanitizer.
- Monday, November 19 – ASTEP will lead a team for a full day of assisting clean-up efforts in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
- Thursday, November 22 – ASTEP will lead a team for another full day of assisting clean-up efforts in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
- Monday, December 3 – ASTEP will lead a team for another full day of assisting clean-up efforts in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Sign up by emailing Abby at email@example.com, who will share more details.
- With each visit to a site, ASTEP will bring requested supplies, such as warm clothes, food, batteries, cleaning materials, etc. The ASTEP office will serve as a drop-off center so please stop by Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm. We are located at 165 West 46th street, Suite 1303, NYC, 10036.
- If you are unable to drop-off items but would like to make a monetary donation to help us purchase supplies, then please visit our fundraising page [will be hyperlinked].
We will continue to post opportunities to assist in the clean up efforts over the next several weeks. But we are also looking toward the future: as many of you know, these communities have a long road ahead of them. We want to stand with them and their children in recovering from this disaster. We are in the process of organizing long term programming in these areas so please stay tuned as we announce the specifics of working in these communities moving forward. Let us know if you are interested in being involved!
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and warm.
— The ASTEP Team